Friday 10 April 2015

Music I'm currently loving



Besides having a love for makeup, skincare and anything beauty-related, I also love music and enjoy listening to different artists from different styles and genres. I often go and see bands live and so I thought I'd share my favourite current artists with you to mix things up and deflect from the usual beauty babble. 

1. Little comets - Now I was fortunate enough to see little comets last month and after trying to see them twice before, both attempts ending in complete disaster, I can officially say they were worth the wait.They are by far my favourite band. Like. Ever. And as big as a bold statement that is to make, it's true. Their songs are beautifully written, each song explores a different social issue and they are so talented. My favourite songs from their album 'In Search of Elusive Little Comets' are Adultery, One Night in October, Joanna and Dancing Song. Favourites from 'Life is Elsewhere' are A Little Opus and Bayonne. THEY ARE SO GOOD. I also love Violence Out Tonight, Semaphores on the Lawn and Woman Woman. They've recently brought out their new album, 'Hope Is Just A State Of Mind,' and worthy mentions go to Fundamental Things, The Gift of Sound, The Daily Grind and Don't Fool Yourself. I highly recommend checking these guys out.
2. James Bay - everything by him. His album is incredible; every song is unique and could easily be majorly successful as singles. So happy I got tickets to see him in October. Favourites include If You Ever Want To Be In Love, Running, Best Fake Smile and When We Were On Fire.
3. Angus and Julia Stone - love this brother-sister duo. Favourite songs of theirs has to be Big Jet Plane, A Heartbreak and Grizzly Bear.
4. Laura Mvula - Recently re-listened to her and fell in love with her voice and music style all over again. Worthy song mentions go to Sing To The Moon, Like The Morning Dew, Can't Live With The World, Is There Anybody Out There? and Green Garden.
5. Hozier - I first heard Take Me To Church ages ago, way before it hit the charts and became popular and I really liked it. After listening to this album, my favourites have to be From Eden, Like Real People Do and Cherry Wine.

What artists are you currently loving? Hope you're all having a lovely week.

(PS: I'm struggling to think of posts to do so if you have any ideas on what posts you'd like to see feel free to leave them in the comments!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate any feedback I get on my blog so thank you so much in advance for taking the time to comment. If you have any questions regarding something in this post then please feel free to leave a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can x