Saturday 27 June 2015

My Top 5 Red Lipsticks

From left to Right: MAC "Russian Red," Revlon "Cherry Blossom," Rimmel Kate Moss 101 "kiss of life,"Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lipstick in "Brick," Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Moisturising Lipstick in "Scarlet"


1) MAC "Russian Red"

I think pretty much everyone owns this lipstick. It's a gorgeous deep red shade, and the matte finish is lovely and long-lasting but not at all drying. I tend to apply a little layer first, pat it in with my finger to create a stain, and then add another layer for a nice deep bold red lip.


2) Revlon "Cherry Snow"

This is a lovely moisturising lipstick. It's not completely matte, but isn't at all glossy on the lips. It's a lovely raspberry red shade and I really like wearing this in Summer when I want a red lip but something more fresh.


3) Rimmel Kate Moss 101 "Kiss of Life"

Again this is a lovely true red lipstick. The matte finish isn't drying at all, and the lasting power is great. A great drugstore alternative to MAC's Russian Red.


4) ELizabeth Arden Ceramide Lipstick in "brick"

This is such a lovely lipstick. I'd moisturising, but lasts throughout the day/evening. The brown undertones of this red lipstick make it unique and go well with a brown smokey eye for an evening look.


5) Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Moisturising Lipstick in "Scarlet"

This gorgeous hollywood red suits pretty much any skin tone. It's lovely, rich red tones definitely give your makeup that hollywood glam vibe. I would have to say that this is probably my favourite out of the lot, I just love the colour and the formula is lovely too.

What are your favourite red lipsticks?


2 comments:

  1. Would love to hear about how you manage to keep your skin looking so fresh please Loz! Loving the posts! Have a lovely holiday! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hattie - it was lovely thank you! By no means is my skin fresh (just good lighting and concealer haha) but I'd be happy to do a post on my favourite skincare/routine if you'd like? xxxxx

      Delete

I really appreciate any feedback I get on my blog so thank you so much in advance for taking the time to comment. If you have any questions regarding something in this post then please feel free to leave a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can x